Author Topic: November 2013 Exchange - ohjays and Maddy  (Read 2926 times)

ohjays

November 2013 Exchange - ohjays and Maddy
« on: November 07, 2013, 06:53:24 AM »
Spread:

1 - 2 - 3 - 4
   5 - 6 - 7
      8 - 9

So how do you go about reading it? HINT: You keep making inverted triangles..!

You start by reading Card #1 and pair it with Card #2, (now hold that combined meaning in your head) and then blend their meaning with Card #5. Then you move on to card #2, pair it up with #3, and blend their meaning with card #6.

Readings due:
November 17

Feedback due: November 24

Hi Maddy! It's nice to meet you, and exchange this month.

I am thinking about pursuing a personal creative writing project. It's been a little half-hearted on my part because I know it's a lot of hard work. What can you tell me about this? If the cards show my energies would be better directed elsewhere, I'd like to know what you see also. Thank you.

Maddy

Re: November 2013 Exchange - ohjays and Maddy
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 03:04:48 AM »
Hi Ohjay,
I'll try to work with that, but maybe you could make your question more specific?

I'd like to know about my love life.

Thanks,
Maddy

ohjays

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 08:05:35 AM »
Hi Ohjay,
I'll try to work with that, but maybe you could make your question more specific?

I'd like to know about my love life.

Thanks,
Maddy

Sure. Is this year a good time for me to start any creative writing projects?

As for your question -- are you single and looking, or involved with someone already?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 08:10:16 AM by ohjays »

Maddy

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 08:35:39 AM »
Hello Ohjays,

I shuffled the cards asking the question: what will beginning a longish creative writing project bring and effect in Ohjay's life.
Let's see how this reads. I got:
fish-child-book-man
anchor-moon-dog
ring-clouds
park

Now what makes this difficult is if I do not know if you are a man or a woman. I'm going to guess that you are  man. I realize I could be wrong, and I'llhave another look again if you are a woman.
Here goes.
Fish tells me a wealth of something, a depth, an endless realm. Child is a new beginning - I think of your thoughts about beginning a writing project. My intuition says the fish is indicating a long period of ideas coming and going in your head, ideas piling up so to speak,you've been having ideas and fantasies about thees,situations and characters for a while. This warehouse of stored ideas prompts you to considerbeginning something new by giving all these ideas a form.
Anchor - oh yes, it will involved a lot of work over a very long term.
Child-book combined with moon is a clear statement - beginning a creative writing project.
Book-man: we might need to bring your attention to acquiring writing techniques and understanding of literary form. Have you done workshops in the past or plan on getting involved in one now? There's a dog just there, a friend or acquiaintance, might be someone who represents a mentor kind of role, or whom you look up to as a kind of authority about literature and writing. Or someone who you think has more knowledge and experience than you.
Anchor plus moon is another clear statement - what the German's call Sitzfleisch - the ability and endurance to sit and concentrate with a text for a period of hours, even when you are not sure what you are writing is what you want, is at all interesting to a reader, or not at all. Ring - yes - that is precisely the point. It is absolutely a question of commitment and commitment is either there or not. This is actually the question you need to ask yourself.
Moon-dog: you could have a creative friend - the same one you look up to. Clouds - there's some doubt there. Are you a bit afraid or nervous about what this friend is going to think of your writing something? Is this person going to be critical? Possibly even discouraging or you're afraid this person will judge you/your writing severely. Does this person, or do you think this person, doubts that you're up to such a project?
Ring-clouds is really the central issue here- doubt about your commitment. The cards are not going to tell you if you are commited or not. Commitment is also not a state of mind or being, it is something you do. It is not a state of grace, rather, setting the alarm for 4:30 or 5 am and suffering through the wake-up so that you can get in an hour or two of writing before going to work, for the simple reason that you won't have any other time. Commitment is really the decision to make something work no matter what.
So then we have the Park card coming in and clouding the issue even further. You are looking outside yourself for an answer that can only come from you - hence the clouds. You want to know if it will be worthwhile for you to begin a long writing project and depending to much on what others say, or perhaps only on what the one friend says. The cards seem to be saying you are sabotaging your ideas by asking the question at all. Wanting to write and commiting yourself to a writing project is all a very simply matter of deciding to do it, and then doing it no matter what. I also think they are saying that the makings of a written work are indeed in you (fish). You do not lack ideas.

Maddy

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 08:37:38 AM »
Very funny! I just posted your reading when you wrote. I think the spread I did still works.

I am single and looking,

I'm looking forward very much to your feedback on what I read for you today.
Best,
Maddy.

ohjays

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 09:12:26 AM »
Very funny! I just posted your reading when you wrote. I think the spread I did still works.

I am single and looking,

I'm looking forward very much to your feedback on what I read for you today.
Best,
Maddy.

Hi Maddy,

As for our overlap, you know what they say about great minds. :D

I will be doing your reading later today, and would like to make sure I complete that before I start on feedback for your reading. Your assumption that I'm male is correct, so no worries there.

Meanwhile, it's a gloomy day and I'm going to do my grocery shopping next, before I get to tackle fun projects like this reading. Whoo!

Have a good day, and I will "see" you later.

ohjays

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 03:36:12 PM »
Hello Maddy,

Here is a reading looking at your love life, intended for the next month or two.

28 - 15 - 23 - 14
---01---25---32
-----36---30

Man - Bear, Rider: It seems that a strong and protective man is coming your way.
Bear - Mice, Ring: This strength seems to be eroded due to a relationship. Or the protective feelings seem likely to become jealousy about a relationship.
Mice - Fox, Moon: anxiety brings an end to dishonesty about feelings

Rider - Ring, Cross: A new relationship is not without burdens and stress.
Ring - Moon, Lillies: It is an emotional relationship with physical attraction/involvement.

Cross - Lillies, House: My first impression is disharmony at home -- this could cause problems where you live, or with your family if you are close to them.

This is an interesting mix of cards. I basically see a new man coming along, but one who would seem to have jealousy issues. While the Ring would indicate a new relationship with the Man, I get the sense that he would have trouble with another commitment you have in your life. There would definitely be some emotional as well as physical attraction and involvement, but it seems like that would not be without problems.

So there is definitely a possibility for some activity in your love life, but I suggest to watch out if you meet a man who shows possessive tendencies. :)

Thank you for letting me read for you. I will share feedback for my reading soon.

Maddy

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 05:26:16 PM »
Thank you ohjays. I would basically agree with your analysis, I'll make a few comments/questions over the next couple of days. It is nice to know something is happening.

Maddy

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 10:19:04 AM »
Hi Ohjays,
here's some feedback:
I can't really compare it with reality, because the reading is for the future.
So I'll make a few remarks from one Lenormand student to another.
You did a great job being succinct. I tend to blather, but I think the cards are their to create a picture.
It is interesting the way a card like the bear plays different roles depending on the contellation of cards it is in. It gives a man the attractive qualities of protective and strong, and then shows the same man to be jealous and overbearing.

I was wondering if the cards couldn't be saying that I am the one with jealousy issues that causes problems in the relationship? I ask only because when I lay cards for myself, I lose a great deal of objectivity. I do agree that this issue looks like it belongs to the big strong guy on the horse.

To me it looks like anxiety (or the problems caused by this guy having jealousy fits), is causes the relationship to have something wrong in it. When I see the fox I think of 'something's wrong'. Or emotional dishonesty. Right. One person causes enough stress by being jealous, the other person will feel they have to be very careful about what they talk about. "I ran into my ex-boss and we talked for 10 minutes" could cause real drama.

I am wondering what other commitment I have that would set off jealousy (no kids, no recent ex's in the picture).

Would you say this is a type of personality who absolutely has to be the most important thing to another person, and the person has to prove that nothing is as important by dropping things that are important? (oh yuck).

I'm tempted to say I'm safe because as soon as anyone would make noises about me doing certain things that are central to me, he's out. Gone. Yesterday's lunch. Only it sounds as if I could form an attachment to him and that would make things difficult.

It's all a possibility in the future, so I hope that should this truly pan out in life, it is possible to set the guy straight and make sure he knows not to get threatened by what I actively pursue.

It's fun talking about my new, non-existent BF.  ;)
I will definitely let you know what develops.

ohjays

my feedback
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2013, 07:14:37 AM »
Hi Maddy,

Here is feedback on your reading for me.

fish-child-book-man
anchor-moon-dog
ring-clouds
park

Fish tells me a wealth of something, a depth, an endless realm. Child is a new beginning - I think of your thoughts about beginning a writing project. My intuition says the fish is indicating a long period of ideas coming and going in your head, ideas piling up so to speak,you've been having ideas and fantasies about thees,situations and characters for a while. This warehouse of stored ideas prompts you to considerbeginning something new by giving all these ideas a form.
You're right on, there! I've had some ideas for a while now. A small number of different ideas over the last year or two. I do love to read, but haven't written for a while.

Anchor - oh yes, it will involved a lot of work over a very long term.
Child-book combined with moon is a clear statement - beginning a creative writing project.
Book-man: we might need to bring your attention to acquiring writing techniques and understanding of literary form. Have you done workshops in the past or plan on getting involved in one now? There's a dog just there, a friend or acquiaintance, might be someone who represents a mentor kind of role, or whom you look up to as a kind of authority about literature and writing. Or someone who you think has more knowledge and experience than you.
I like the way you say that about anchor. Oh yes, indeed! I have not done any workshops. However, I did recently get the book, Tarot for Writers. I thought it would help me with priming the pump and evolving a story. So Book could literally be a book. :) I have taken classes on -- and written -- screenplays. I could see the book as a screenplay, although at this stage I don't think it's at all likely. I have a couple of friends who like to write, and I had wondered if there might be mutual support from either of them.

Anchor plus moon is another clear statement - what the German's call Sitzfleisch - the ability and endurance to sit and concentrate with a text for a period of hours, even when you are not sure what you are writing is what you want, is at all interesting to a reader, or not at all. Ring - yes - that is precisely the point. It is absolutely a question of commitment and commitment is either there or not. This is actually the question you need to ask yourself.
And that is the reason I haven't started yet -- not ready to make that commitment to something so lengthy!

Moon-dog: you could have a creative friend - the same one you look up to. Clouds - there's some doubt there. Are you a bit afraid or nervous about what this friend is going to think of your writing something? Is this person going to be critical? Possibly even discouraging or you're afraid this person will judge you/your writing severely. Does this person, or do you think this person, doubts that you're up to such a project?
I don't have anyone currently that I was planning to share with; or that I would worry about being especially criticial. So I'm not sure what to link this to.

Ring-clouds is really the central issue here- doubt about your commitment. The cards are not going to tell you if you are commited or not. Commitment is also not a state of mind or being, it is something you do. It is not a state of grace, rather, setting the alarm for 4:30 or 5 am and suffering through the wake-up so that you can get in an hour or two of writing before going to work, for the simple reason that you won't have any other time. Commitment is really the decision to make something work no matter what.
And judging from your reading posted elsewhere in the forum today, I am guessing this is the voice of experience. :) You are right. Thank you for emphasizing this for me.

So then we have the Park card coming in and clouding the issue even further. You are looking outside yourself for an answer that can only come from you - hence the clouds. You want to know if it will be worthwhile for you to begin a long writing project and depending to much on what others say, or perhaps only on what the one friend says. The cards seem to be saying you are sabotaging your ideas by asking the question at all. Wanting to write and commiting yourself to a writing project is all a very simply matter of deciding to do it, and then doing it no matter what. I also think they are saying that the makings of a written work are indeed in you (fish). You do not lack ideas.
Ouch? :) Yes, I suppose many of us want to think that if we write something it will be worthwhile, and actually read by others. I know I would.

Thank you for the reading. It genuinely puts things into perspective, and reminds me that a (challening) commitment is what's required to produce pages.

Nice job! Thank you for your reading.

ohjays

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2013, 07:29:57 AM »
Hi Maddie,

I am double posting in order to keep this response separate from the feedback I just shared on your reading for me.

You did a great job being succinct. I tend to blather, but I think the cards are their to create a picture.
Hah! In person I might blather more.

I was wondering if the cards couldn't be saying that I am the one with jealousy issues that causes problems in the relationship? I ask only because when I lay cards for myself, I lose a great deal of objectivity. I do agree that this issue looks like it belongs to the big strong guy on the horse.
I read it as the Man, because in this reading spread, we are building a story as we go. I looked at Mr. L's example, and he links each thought (or triangle) to the next. So it made sense to stick with Bear as referencing the Man.

To me it looks like anxiety (or the problems caused by this guy having jealousy fits), is causes the relationship to have something wrong in it. When I see the fox I think of 'something's wrong'. Or emotional dishonesty. Right.
I read using the tradition where the Mice eats at something -- hence, it tends to negate surrounding cards, although this doesn't mean it's without trouble. That is why I read the ending of dishonesty -- the Mice are somehow uncovering it.

I am wondering what other commitment I have that would set off jealousy (no kids, no recent ex's in the picture).
I wondered that as well. Some jealous types get upset at platonic friendships, so that is a possibility; but I don't really know.

Would you say this is a type of personality who absolutely has to be the most important thing to another person, and the person has to prove that nothing is as important by dropping things that are important? (oh yuck).
Logically, that is possible, but I didn't pick up that much in the cards.  ;) Really, I just think he'd be upset that something else is as important as him. While a relationship with another person seems the most likely, the Ring is about a commitment in general: and this could be a commitment to your writing, or your work or even to housesitting if you happened to agree to do that for someone else!

I know the Ring is next to Rider and Moon in the next row, and makes that triangle with Lillies -- and that seems like it's talking about a relationship -- but in context of the reading, I felt it referred to your ties to this Man, rather than describing the reason for his jealousy.

It's fun talking about my new, non-existent BF.  ;)
I will definitely let you know what develops.

That's the spirit! I'm sorry it turned out to be such a soap-opera reading. I'd have enjoyed sharing some good news. But it sounds like you are prepared for this type of potentially overbearing BF and his drama, so that's good. :)

Maddy

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2013, 07:32:58 AM »
We over lapped again. This is my response to your feedback to my reading.
What ouch? I said the makings are in you  :)
Everyone who writes always has a question in theirhead of how it comes across to the reader. Even really great writers write a boring passage and don't know it's boring until a friend or editor says so. Then it gets rewritten, and the public never knows about the boring bits.
So the dog is still a question. Maybe the cards are suggesting you look for a mentor or teacher or reader - just someone you trust and you consider more knowledgeable than yourself. The feedback is really important.

Thank you for the opportunity to read for you. I'm still mystified about how it all works.

ohjays

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2013, 10:35:20 AM »
What ouch? I said the makings are in you  :)

"Ouch" was to "You are looking outside yourself for an answer that can only come from you." I wasn't offended or anything; just making a little light where your reading did hit home. No worries!

So the dog is still a question. Maybe the cards are suggesting you look for a mentor or teacher or reader - just someone you trust and you consider more knowledgeable than yourself. The feedback is really important.

Thank you for the opportunity to read for you. I'm still mystified about how it all works.
I will keep that in mind, and let you know if a Dog turns up in this context.

I've been working with the Lenormand for 5-ish years now (and other cards for much longer), and I don't worry too much about how it all works. I just enjoy how regularly it does. :D

Thanks, I enjoyed exchanging with you this month.

ohjays

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2014, 07:12:47 AM »
Hi Maddy,

I haven't yet pursued any writing projects. I feel the urge to be creative, but my heart isn't really into writing fiction at this time. I may channel some of that into my blog, and wrote something yesterday that I really enjoyed.

I have a larger art project in mind, and I think it was forming even when we exchanged this reading.

I just wanted to share some feedback, as I think revisiting readings like this is helpful.

Maddy

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2014, 10:16:55 AM »
Hi Ohjays,
I'm glad!
Rewriting is an enormous amount of work, by the way.  Just to illustrate -  At the moment, and for the last several months, I haven't even been reading anything except magazines in trains, I just can't get involved in any other characters or world, other than what I'm working on, it would just be too weird.
I think revisiting readings is helpful, given that they are meant as a kind of forecast for the future, and so may not become relevant until later. I have not yet met Mr. Jealous and Possessive!
Maddy