Author Topic: November 2013 Exchange -- Mr. Lenormand & Druidess  (Read 2303 times)

Mr. Lenormand

• Administrator
    • Learn Lenormand
November 2013 Exchange -- Mr. Lenormand & Druidess
« on: November 06, 2013, 06:38:34 PM »
Spread:

1 - 2 - 3 - 4
   5 - 6 - 7
      8 - 9

So how do you go about reading it? HINT: You keep making inverted triangles..!

You start by reading Card #1 and pair it with Card #2, (now hold that combined meaning in your head) and then blend their meaning with Card #5. Then you move on to card #2, pair it up with #3, and blend their meaning with card #6.

Readings due:
November 17

Feedback due: November 24

Hi Druidess! Happy to be paired up with you for this exchange..!

Let me know what your question is... Mine.... Hmmm.... I'm not sure that I'm preoccupied with anything, but I would like to know more about a certain person that's just entered into my life. Let's call her K. So, I'd like to know how we'll match up.. If at all. Thank you! :)
Regards,
Mr. Lenormand -- Learn Lenormand

Druidess

Re: November 2013 Exchange -- Mr. Lenormand & Druidess
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 11:36:26 AM »
Happy to be paired with you this month as well, Mr. L!

I've been thinking about this one myself, as I'm not particularly concerned with anything right now.

How about taking a look at my husband's employment situation?
Blessed Be,
~Dru

Mr. Lenormand

• Administrator
    • Learn Lenormand
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 03:51:43 PM »
Hi Druidess...! Here's what I got for your hubby's work situation...

Snake - Cross - House - Man
    Dog  -  Sun  -  Book
      Letter - Bouquet
            Garden

I'll admit, I did not like the snake right up front like that...

Snake + Cross: Snake is usually about treachery and backstabbing... with the cross, well... it brings pain and suffering. It's a hard lesson.
ADD the DOG: My first impression was that someone that looked like a friend was perhaps a traitor

Cross + House: The suffering is personal. It hit home and it hit where he thought he was safe.
ADD the SUN:  Opportunity. He chose to see the bright side of it, and decide to chase an opportunity.

House + Lily: The man is at home, in charge and in his castle. He cannot be betrayed here, and he calls the shots.
BOOK: Could he be working on a book? Perhaps hoping to be published? Or perhaps he is studying, and doing some research.

--- I'll admit here, I think it's honestly trying to get published (House + Book could be a publishing house), or perhaps he's tending to the books.. finances. At any rate, he's got a talent and he's making the best of it, and he seems to have direction.

Dog + Sun: He needs to stay focused and must chase the opportunities as they come. He needs to stay motivated, and he must be active.
The LETTER: Again, a sense of writing and moving things forward. There is a sense of BIG IDEAS and GENERAL LINES getting into focus. Fleshing out ideas and writing on each one. I really get the sense of someone toiling over a big huge magnum opus.

Sun + Book: Again, the achievement of all those ideas being added into a collective whole.
BOUQUET: But that collective whole isn't enough, it has to be well received. It will be a really nice and pleasurable piece. He's enjoying the process, and it will bring success.

Letter + Bouquet: Selling it. Making it presentable so that someone else will buy into it.
Garden: and then marketing it.

Overall, I get a sense that your husband's main goal is to sell something to the public and gain financially from it. The motivation might have been from some treacherous act, but it's given him the drive to see it done. Otherwise, he might have stayed where he was. The Snake/Traitor whomever it was has helped crystallize his desire to go out and do it. I have hardly seen a spread where a plan was so focused and clear, and it's just a matter of time before he sees the success he's hoping for.

Hopefully that made sense..!

Regards,

Druidess

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 10:36:48 PM »

Dog  -  Sun  -  Book
      Letter - Bouquet
            Garden

I'll admit, I did not like the snake right up front like that... Snake can represent me, or even him. We're both psychics/mystics and I'm a dark-haired woman who wears glasses. If you're reading has picked up on his search for religious/God connection and developing his psychic abilities enough to feel comfortable giving readings in person and online, you've hit right on...though not what I was wondering about, it reads well when you follow all of the combinations in that light.

Snake + Cross: Snake is usually about treachery and backstabbing... with the cross, well... it brings pain and suffering. It's a hard lesson.
ADD the DOG: My first impression was that someone that looked like a friend was perhaps a traitor I would see this more as his search for religious tradition/God-connection and psychic development that is being supported by mentors who are becoming loyal friends and his family (parents and myself, the Snake is often my significator). There has been some treachery/back-stabbing at work as well, disappointments from management though, not "friends"...though he thought they were different at first, so this could ring true as well. 

Cross + House: The suffering is personal. It hit home and it hit where he thought he was safe. He didn't get the raise he expected, that has been difficult financially at home.
ADD the SUN:  Opportunity. He chose to see the bright side of it, and decide to chase an opportunity. I think he's finally finding his answers regarding religion/God...finding what rings true for him. And also, yes, he's chasing opportunity on many fronts, including the fact that they don't care what he does while he's working, so he gets to listen to things that help with his studies.

House + Man: The man is at home, in charge and in his castle. He cannot be betrayed here, and he calls the shots. Hmmm...we're equal partners, but true that he's not betrayed here and feels that fact.
BOOK: Could he be working on a book? Perhaps hoping to be published? Or perhaps he is studying, and doing some research. Yes, studying and working to develop his psychic abilities and shamanism.

--- I'll admit here, I think it's honestly trying to get published (House + Book could be a publishing house), or perhaps he's tending to the books.. finances. At any rate, he's got a talent and he's making the best of it, and he seems to have direction. I handle the finances, this is his studies for self-employment I think. That is what he hopes to do with it. Home study for home employment.

Dog + Sun: He needs to stay focused and must chase the opportunities as they come. He needs to stay motivated, and he must be active. He has been doing that, and has been sending out resumes and keeping in touch to push for interviews. He wants to change jobs. However, going back to the other aspect, he's also working to get his office space together to get ready to go online plus set up a reading space here for private clients.
The LETTER: Again, a sense of writing and moving things forward. There is a sense of BIG IDEAS and GENERAL LINES getting into focus. Fleshing out ideas and writing on each one. I really get the sense of someone toiling over a big huge magnum opus. His resume/applications plus notes when he studies?

Sun + Book: Again, the achievement of all those ideas being added into a collective whole.
BOUQUET: But that collective whole isn't enough, it has to be well received. It will be a really nice and pleasurable piece. He's enjoying the process, and it will bring success. Totally agree that he's enjoying the process, hope you're right on the latter part.

Letter + Bouquet: Selling it. Making it presentable so that someone else will buy into it.
Garden: and then marketing it. Yep...and he needs to learn how to do that. I'm doing my best to teach him.

Overall, I get a sense that your husband's main goal is to sell something to the public and gain financially from it. The motivation might have been from some treacherous act, but it's given him the drive to see it done. Otherwise, he might have stayed where he was. The Snake/Traitor whomever it was has helped crystallize his desire to go out and do it. I have hardly seen a spread where a plan was so focused and clear, and it's just a matter of time before he sees the success he's hoping for. Again, I don't see treachery, rather the crystallization being from my loving support and encouragement as we do this together.

Thank you, I hope you're okay with my feedback on this. The Snake appears often in readings regarding me as "my" card, and often as a descriptor for the psychic people in my life, so I have to look at it differently. Heitor was the first to pick up on that meaning of it in a reading for me, and it has proven true. There have also been traitorous events at work that have led to him wishing to leave there, though, but not from anyone close that he thought was a friend, just from management...the normal stuff that happens when working for a large company where you're a replaceable body rather than a valued resource. It's been disappointing and embittering for him regarding this company though because he really thought they were different.

This is quite an interesting spread! I should be able to do your reading tomorrow night. I'm sorry for the delay, but first I had to see it in action, and during the first part of the week I had the flu and couldn't focus on anything! The past few days my schedule has exploded into being busier than I've ever been (I'm loving that and hope it continues!), so that will be my first opportunity since you posted this for me to follow the guideline.

Love and Light!
~Dru
Blessed Be,
~Dru

Mr. Lenormand

• Administrator
    • Learn Lenormand
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 08:20:15 AM »
The Snake I wasn't quite sure on, and it took me for a loop. Had I kept to the underlying card (Dog), I should have kept it at a poitive influence, and so it makes sense that the Snake should be a steadfast and loyal presence throughout the entire process..! The spiritual path with the cross is interesting too, and being irreligious myself (though spiritual), it is good to be reminded of that meaning in the cards from time to time.

Thank you so much for the comments, it serves as a reminder to take in your first impression and keep to the basic influence of the underlying card. In this case it was Dog, and the Dog is always at it's most basic elemement loyal and lends support.

PS glad you're feeling better..!
Regards,

Druidess

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 10:12:59 AM »
Thank you...I hate being sick! It did make me slow down though, LOL!

Interestingly, I took it all the psychic, me and spiritual way at first, it was pausing a moment and thinking again over everything that made me realize that really it's both interpretations. His research has been more toward a blend of organized religion (Wicca and Gnostic) and spiritual, so I think that's why the Cross showed there rather than the Tree, even though he's more "Spiritual, not religious" by belief system.

I know mirroring doesn't play a part in how this reads, but if you do it on that first line, you have Snake//Man showing a psychic/mystic man with Cross + House in the center, burdens at home (financial) and also seeking stabilization of his beliefs.

I say it every day: I love these cards!
Blessed Be,
~Dru

Mr. Lenormand

• Administrator
    • Learn Lenormand
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 03:39:50 PM »
Yes, we can mirror the cards on each row..! I didn't suggest it, given it's a learning spread, but we can indeed use these cards in many extraordinary ways... :)
Regards,

Druidess

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2013, 07:10:32 PM »
Spread:

1 - 2 - 3 - 4
   5 - 6 - 7
      8 - 9

So how do you go about reading it? HINT: You keep making inverted triangles..!

You start by reading Card #1 and pair it with Card #2, (now hold that combined meaning in your head) and then blend their meaning with Card #5. Then you move on to card #2, pair it up with #3, and blend their meaning with card #6.

Readings due:
November 17

Feedback due: November 24

Hi Druidess! Happy to be paired up with you for this exchange..!

Let me know what your question is... Mine.... Hmmm.... I'm not sure that I'm preoccupied with anything, but I would like to know more about a certain person that's just entered into my life. Let's call her K. So, I'd like to know how we'll match up.. If at all. Thank you! :)

OK, I asked and here's what I got:

7 Snake + 5 Tree + 13 Child + 17 Stork
    9 Bouquet + 25 Ring + 31 Sun
             8 Coffin + 32 Moon
                    11 Whip

I'll be honest, when I saw those last two rows I wanted to fold and ask you for a different question. However, I had to pretend you're a client at a Spirit Fair and continue because I would in that setting. They would see the coffin and see me fold and think the worst.

So, here goes. I feel more than one meaning here for some of these groupings.

Snake + Tree I feel this to be a Karmic relationship, especially if a "dark-haired woman" fits her. This is the female lover card instead of the woman...echoed at the bottom with the Whip and its sexual connotations.
Bouquet shows this to be a great relationship.
...In combination, this can also show a woman who has been ill, but a positive outcome to that illness.

Tree + Child shows the birth/rebirth (past life connection too?) of this relationship, especially sitting over the Ring.
...However, it can also be a new start health-wise for her, and show cycles...remission or a temporary relief in a chronic condition?

Child + Stork shows new, positive change and growth
Sun shows it to be positive and lucky.

Bouquet + Ringshows a positive, enjoyable relationship
Coffin can mean the end of being single...this could be a relationship that leads to marriage, or at least a serious commitment.
....However, it can also show the end of a beautiful relationship, a beautiful relationship that ends in grief or also has illness. (This would be why I wanted to fold and not do it.)

Ring + Sun again shows the lucky, positive relationship
Moon with it says this could be the woman of your dreams.
...However, it could again show a cycle and hint at the illness being "female-related".

Coffin + Moon This combination traditionally shows grief and despair, and with the Whip below it, sudden painful ending. Again, why I wanted to fold and do a different question.
...However, on a lighter note, this could just be showing the end of your kinky sexual fantasies as you settle down into this beautiful Karmic relationship or the kinky relationship of your dreams. ;)

I am anxious for your feedback. I'd love to know if there's another way to interpret that last set especially. It does occur that it talks about cycles and that the Whip can be sexual or could represent you if you are an athletic man, in which case we have the Snake for her and the Whip for you, giving a possibility for a more positive aspect to all of this. I would have ignored the health meanings because my training is to keep it to the question if it weren't for these last cards, which made me feel that there may be health issues that could recur...and soon.

I could also use advice on how to handle this as a professional if I come across it in a reading for a client. I've come close already with one reading, but read it as illness. (I was asked, "Is he going to die?" to which my answer was, "well of course, we all die...however, I  think this is just showing us that he needs to have his heart checked out, there might be something going on there that he's not aware of now.")

Love and Blessings,
~Dru
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 07:51:02 PM by Druidess »
Blessed Be,
~Dru

Mr. Lenormand

• Administrator
    • Learn Lenormand
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2013, 08:52:02 PM »

OK, I asked and here's what I got:

7 Snake + 5 Tree + 13 Child + 17 Stork
    9 Bouquet + 25 Ring + 31 Sun
             8 Coffin + 32 Moon
                    11 Whip

Snake again, huh? I keep getting that with her, and yes... She is a dark haired woman and beautiful. She's very earthy too, Taurean, and I keep getting the same combo with her! As well as the bouquet. Funny how it threw us both for a loop! ;D

I'll be honest, when I saw those last two rows I wanted to fold and ask you for a different question. However, I had to pretend you're a client at a Spirit Fair and continue because I would in that setting. They would see the coffin and see me fold and think the worst.

So, here goes. I feel more than one meaning here for some of these groupings.

Snake + Tree I feel this to be a Karmic relationship, especially if a "dark-haired woman" fits her. This is the female lover card instead of the woman...echoed at the bottom with the Whip and its sexual connotations. yes, she is dark-haired and is an analytical type. Interesting about the whip, but we'll deal with that one later.
Bouquet shows this to be a great relationship.
...In combination, this can also show a woman who has been ill, but a positive outcome to that illness.

I think this whole combo describes her... Again in this spread we have the Snake, but it is tempered by the Bouquet card. So we have an intelligent woman, who is very earthy, who works as a chemical analyst (interesting, but chemical and snakes + tree, would probably indicate that it's for health reasons - in her case she studies pesticides..!) the bouquet is who she is underneath it all... A very caring, happy and warm indvidual.

I can't help but agree with the karmic connection. We hit things off instantly and luck / karma had everything to do with it...

Tree + Child shows the birth/rebirth (past life connection too?) of this relationship, especially sitting over the Ring.
...However, it can also be a new start health-wise for her, and show cycles...remission or a temporary relief in a chronic condition?

if the tree was karmic previously, then this whole thing is about the start of a new karmic relationship. We've committed to each other quickly, but we're taking our time because we're falling for each other but we both know there has to be more than "whips" keeping us together (keeping this PG 13) ;D...

I think this symbolizes our commitment or her commitment to seeing where this can all lead to. I've even suggested we take lessons together so that we can get to know each other better in a more neutral setting and develop a strong friendship before the passion can cool off, and we're both looking forward to them

Child + Stork shows new, positive change and growth
Sun shows it to be positive and lucky.

oh, I do hope so! I think this is the type of karmic link that changes two ppl. I think we inspire each other, and we both want changes, and we both want to work of them together.

Bouquet + Ringshows a positive, enjoyable relationship
Coffin can mean the end of being single...this could be a relationship that leads to marriage, or at least a serious commitment.
....However, it can also show the end of a beautiful relationship, a beautiful relationship that ends in grief or also has illness. (This would be why I wanted to fold and not do it.)

yes, it could be that it may not last... But it could be our commitment to having fun in getting healthier together. Time will tell, but I would be very disappointed if she and I couldn't even be friends. I will let you know.

Ring + Sun again shows the lucky, positive relationship
Moon with it says this could be the woman of your dreams.
...However, it could again show a cycle and hint at the illness being "female-related".

god but she does make me dream...

Coffin + Moon This combination traditionally shows grief and despair, and with the Whip below it, sudden painful ending. Again, why I wanted to fold and do a different question.
...However, on a lighter note, this could just be showing the end of your kinky sexual fantasies as you settle down into this beautiful Karmic relationship or the kinky relationship of your dreams. ;)

The man in me wants this underlined stuff!

Joke aside, the moon could be about time or putting something under the microscope. Coffin + Moon could mean we're putting our health into focus, and we're going to help each other into staying in good health, and even get into better health by taking health related activities together.

I am anxious for your feedback. I'd love to know if there's another way to interpret that last set especially. It does occur that it talks about cycles and that the Whip can be sexual or could represent you if you are an athletic man, in which case we have the Snake for her and the Whip for you, giving a possibility for a more positive aspect to all of this. I would have ignored the health meanings because my training is to keep it to the question if it weren't for these last cards, which made me feel that there may be health issues that could recur...and soon.

I agree, it is a really weird spread to be reading... But, the underlined is what you need to keep doing. I admit, when I read for myself, I was also perplexed by the combos, and to see them repeat in yours is truly interesting... I will let you know as things progress.

I could also use advice on how to handle this as a professional if I come across it in a reading for a client. I've come close already with one reading, but read it as illness. (I was asked, "Is he going to die?" to which my answer was, "well of course, we all die...however, I  think this is just showing us that he needs to have his heart checked out, there might be something going on there that he's not aware of now.")

Love and Blessings,
~Dru

Well. Wow..! Thank you so much for the reading and the food for thought. You did help me gain some new insights, and that alone is gold. Now, with respect to the advice on how to deal with the coffin in live readings: I had one girl ask me about teh Snake in the house of the Scythe. I had told her that I think the Snake described her again, but that i didn't like this scythe thing. She asked me, will there be an accident? I frowned. "Possibly," I said... "But you'll survive, and judging the cards in your future... It won't stop you from finding love."

How I hate reporting bad news, and in this case I did not want to read accident... But she asked me point blank, and I answered truthfully. Sure enough, she went white water rafting, conked her head real good and needed some serious medical attention. But she did survive, and has recently been approached by a certain gentleman in her life... So it's looking pretty nice for her, and she'll be going rafting again.. i know.

Oh, and thanks for not folding on those cards! :)

« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 08:54:48 PM by Mr. Lenormand »
Regards,

Druidess

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2013, 10:50:31 PM »
One thing I did feel intuitively when I saw the Snake and the Whip was that it actually represented the two of you, and saw the Whip as being about physical fitness. I had forgotten about that by the time I started journaling it and got down to that part, and by then was being thrown by the Coffin + Moon + Whip combo.

I do hope that it's really more about her being the woman of your dreams, a long-lasting relationship (Tree + Bouquet + Ring), and that the Coffin only indicates that "end to being single/alone". I know what it's like to find  that and feel that way. My current husband and I met and married in two months flat (literally got married on the 2-mo anniv. of our first date), and we love each other more now, three years later, than we did then.

I'm glad I didn't fold too...and interesting that you get the same combos that I did. 

Best wishes with K!  ;) 8)
Blessed Be,
~Dru

Druidess

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2013, 11:11:54 PM »
I was lying in bed and had to jump up and come down to my computer to send what I just got a vision of with the image of those cards:

Bouquet + Ring + Sun
     Coffin + Moon
            Whip

"Til death do us part"...the flowers, the ring, the vows...the wedding/marriage of your dreams....the Whip as timing, soon.

*Smacks head* Duh!

I hope so...truly, I wish you happiness!
Blessed Be,
~Dru

Druidess

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2014, 11:09:31 AM »

Dog  -  Sun  -  Book
      Letter - Bouquet
            Garden

I'll admit, I did not like the snake right up front like that...

ADD the DOG: My first impression was that someone that looked like a friend was perhaps a traitor

Cross + House: The suffering is personal. It hit home and it hit where he thought he was safe.
ADD the SUN:  Opportunity. He chose to see the bright side of it, and decide to chase an opportunity.

House + Lily: The man is at home, in charge and in his castle. He cannot be betrayed here, and he calls the shots.
BOOK: Could he be working on a book? Perhaps hoping to be published? Or perhaps he is studying, and doing some research.

--- I'll admit here, I think it's honestly trying to get published (House + Book could be a publishing house), or perhaps he's tending to the books.. finances. At any rate, he's got a talent and he's making the best of it, and he seems to have direction.

Dog + Sun: He needs to stay focused and must chase the opportunities as they come. He needs to stay motivated, and he must be active.
The LETTER: Again, a sense of writing and moving things forward. There is a sense of BIG IDEAS and GENERAL LINES getting into focus. Fleshing out ideas and writing on each one. I really get the sense of someone toiling over a big huge magnum opus.

BOUQUET: But that collective whole isn't enough, it has to be well received. It will be a really nice and pleasurable piece. He's enjoying the process, and it will bring success.

Garden: and then marketing it.

Overall, I get a sense that your husband's main goal is to sell something to the public and gain financially from it. The motivation might have been from some treacherous act, but it's given him the drive to see it done. Otherwise, he might have stayed where he was. The Snake/Traitor whomever it was has helped crystallize his desire to go out and do it. I have hardly seen a spread where a plan was so focused and clear, and it's just a matter of time before he sees the success he's hoping for.

Ohjays had a good idea, so here's what did happen in November (and December) regarding Steve and his job:

There was a man there who was falling asleep a lot on the job (methadone) who was a friend of one of the bosses, but he finally got fired. There was some backstabbing because of it, but my husband wasn't directly involved. There have been layoffs as work is very slow right now, but so far all more tenured employees because they get a higher pay, newer ones like my husband have been kept on for now. However, he did do some job hunting and was offered a position that he didn't take because of the lack of insurance (Obamacare sucks and his pay would have been worse by the time we paid more for worse insurance than we have now). So for now he remains in that job but is still looking to increase or add to his income in some way.

There is a lot of backstabbing and such that goes on where he works, and a lot of nepotism...true with any large corporation.
Blessed Be,
~Dru