Author Topic: September 2013 reading exchange  (Read 2936 times)

heitor

• In midst of movement & chaos keep stilness inside
September 2013 reading exchange
« on: August 25, 2013, 09:52:29 AM »
Hi fellows!  :)

What about September's reading exchange, no "challenge" this arriving month ?  ???

All the best
--------------------------------------------------------------
"It is not what We get. But who We become, what we contribute that gives meaning to Our lives.",  Anthony Robbins

ak1277s

Re: September 2013 reading exchange
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 11:00:31 AM »
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 12:29:18 AM by Elzbet »

Lena

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 02:41:28 PM »
I'd be very interested if I may participate..  :)

Moiramas

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 03:09:26 PM »
Me also :)

Druidess

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 03:42:08 PM »
Me too...I'd like to try this.
Blessed Be,
~Dru

heitor

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 05:00:46 PM »
Obviously that You may count me in folks, ...  :D

"It is not what We get. But who We become, what we contribute that gives meaning to Our lives.",  Anthony Robbins

heitor

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 05:08:50 PM »
Does anyone have some suggestion for a spread as exercise?

Well, I got the impression that Elzbet challenges us every month with a new type of spread right?
I'm very intrigued with the 9 card spread, and the 3 card development spread. But, I confess that I do no know much about either one of them, and also, I do not know if they were used already.

If someone could explain how it goes, what about the 3 card development spread?

Best regards

Druidess

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 12:07:23 PM »
Two of us are completely new here and to Lenormand, and any spread would be a challenge for me at this point.

I use the 5-card a lot as practice with my Tarot readings professionally right now (or when seeking clarification of the Tarot), and the 3-card as a daily personal draw, but even those are still a challenge for me right now as I'm just starting. But I'd love to do a 9-card as well, and try my hand at that too. I'm game for any chance to learn and grow.
Blessed Be,
~Dru

heitor

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2013, 04:58:20 AM »
Hello!

Well, I was waiting for some more posts on the September reading exchange.
So if everyone agree, I will take the iniciative and let us go forward with it, using the input by the posts on this  :)

Druidess, I'm new to the Lenormand and a nine (9) card spread may be a bit "big" for both straight forward questions with direct answers, and information to read, 
Having said that, once our gold and mission here in the forum is to learn & practice, ... considered it done, let us take on the challenge of a nine (9) card reading  8), for the September exchange.

I will draw pairs randomly, by putting ech of our names in closed papers, mix & shuffle them in a closed box.

Elzbet, You mencioned that You're a bit busy. Are You in for this new month (september) exchange? Shall We count You in?  :)

I will follow Elzebt organization, notice and info about procedures, method and time lines.

Later today or tomorrow, August 31st, I will post, procedures and notices  :-[  :)

Please join in, if You're interested and haven't done it yet  ;)

All the very best!

Lena

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2013, 08:55:29 AM »
I'm excited ! :D

ak1277s

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2013, 11:41:58 AM »
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 12:29:08 AM by Elzbet »

Druidess

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 03:40:30 PM »
Thank you, Heitor, for organizing it so Lena and I can take part in our first exchange since joining the community here. I'm excited too!
Blessed Be,
~Dru

heitor

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2013, 08:20:13 AM »
Hi everybody,  :)

Here is Our September month learning exchange, the nine (9) card spread also called 3x3 spread.

About the spread:
The 9 card draw is an advanced kind of spread which can give a lot of information by reading the columns, rows, diagonals and adjacent card combinations. The significator card can be chosen to represent the question (or situation) because for some people it provides a clear focus and helps to keep the reading on track. This spread can also be used for general readings (readings without a specific question or issue) on which case the significator card will not be pre-selected but given randomly by the spread when placing the cards.

There are several methods of placing the cards when using this spread. Having this in mind, As I’m a newbie and I realized that the cards may «speak» in different ways to different individuals, and that the exact meaning of the cards can differ from deck to deck, I do not feel at ease selecting one over the other method of doing this 3x3 spread. So, instead of that and within the «challenge» spirit, the selection of which method to use when placing the cards, it is left to each one of us to choose,  … our own choosing.

For those who need some guidance on the 9 card spread, some data and links are as follows:

Two simple and very common methods:

Significator or central focus card is not pre-selected.
Lay out all nine cards, at three cards in a row from left to right.
1   2   3
4   5   6
7   8   9

The central card (card 5) is pivotal in this reading. 
The first card (card 1) is the central focus, the “trigger”.  Some say that it confirms the question «theme»;
Read the columns: 1+4+7 (past),      2+5+8 (present),     3+6+9 (future).
Read the rows: 1+2+3, 4+5+6 and 7+8+9 (all past, present, future)
Read the diagonals: 1+5+9 and 7+5+3 (both past present future)
Read the corners: 1+9 and 3+7
Read the central cross: 2+4+5+6+8
Read the triangles: 1+3+8 and 7+9+2.

Significator or central focus card is pre-selected.
Choose the significator card from the deck and place it on the center (card 1). Lay out the rest of the cards from left to right and from top to bottom.
2   3   4
5   1   6
7   8   9

Corners:
Theme
Central cross (1+5+3+6+8): Summary
Columns (left to right): 2+5+7 (past),    3+1+8 (present), …. 4+6+9 (future)
First row (2+3+4): Thoughts, hopes and dreams (it refers to what’s going on the persons head/mind)
Second row (5+1+6): Answer to the question
Third Row (7+8+9): Factors contributing to the situation. What the person stands on.

Notes:
- Corners: . The corners speak about what is clearly the point and seen, however one may not acknowledge it.  (look at the corners clockwise, try to formulate a sentence. The formulation of this sentence can begin with the last card in the sequence (card 7)).
- Central cross: Read as a diamond, from the center card and clockwise.  It means what is in relation to the problem. You may contrast central cross with corners.
- Don’t forget that cards can be knighted.
- If You wish You may just read the cards following Your intuition and no particular method.

Links to other methods:
Forum: http://forum.learnlenormand.com/index.php?topic=680.0
Donaleigh: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TKAj6OnpBk

Allow Your intuition to speak to You. Constrain to a method and system of thought in order to maintain focus and not get yourself lost in confusion or doubt.
Great readings and good luck to all!  ;)

Let the “games” begin   :D

PS: Please people, feel free to correct me, … or to give some more input on this 3x3 spread and methods.

heitor

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2013, 08:32:23 AM »

For this months of September's reading exchange partners are:

* Moiramas & Lena
* Heitor & Druidess

Readings due: September 14
Feedback due: September 21

All the best!  8)

Druidess

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2013, 09:09:26 AM »
Thank you, Heitor! I look forward to working with you on this month's exchange. If I have observed correctly in the forum, these now become their own thread and whoever posts the first reading starts it, right?
Blessed Be,
~Dru