Author Topic: Druidess and Ohjays - Love Reading (January 2014) Exchange  (Read 5128 times)

Druidess

Druidess and Ohjays - Love Reading (January 2014) Exchange
« on: January 17, 2014, 10:04:54 AM »
Hi folks,

I hope everyone had a wonderul New Year and happiness-filled holidays these past weeks! It's time to get back into the swing of things and keep those New Year resolutions... :)

Seeing as Valentines day is right around the corner, I thought we might get a head start in figuring out how to read a GT with love in mind this month. What we will do is layout a full GT (9x4, or 8x4+4, whatever your preference is), but instead of analyzing everything in detail, we will concentrate on the Consultant (man or woman card) and how it relates to the heart card, the opposite sex card, or some other card that seems relevant to the love reading.

I do not want to read the past or future, just learn how to read how the love connection works in the GT, using 1 to a maximum of 3 techniques (mirroring, knighting, houses, whatever). Pay particulr attention in describing the other persons' love partner (or potential partner, what their soul mate is like).

Sign-ups will be open until Jan 15

Readings are due by Jan 31

Feedback, I think we should do try to give comments well before Valentines, so perhaps by Feb 7 at the latest?

Hi Ohjays! Happy to be paired with you this month! Due to the reading type I have no real question, we'll just see what interesting details you can discover about my marriage in a GT.  ;D
Blessed Be,
~Dru

ohjays

Re: Druidess and Ohjays - Love Reading (January 2014) Exchange
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 05:41:45 PM »
Hi Druidess! Fair enough.

As for me, I'm male in a committed relationship with another male. I also have no question but look forward to see what details you pick up. :)

Mr. Lenormand

• Administrator
    • Learn Lenormand
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 07:50:24 PM »
Would have been interesting if she could have picked that out without the hint..! LOL
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 07:57:05 PM by Mr. Lenormand »
Regards,
Mr. Lenormand -- Learn Lenormand

Druidess

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 08:27:48 PM »
Hi Druidess! Fair enough.

As for me, I'm male in a committed relationship with another male. I also have no question but look forward to see what details you pick up. :)

Would have been interesting if she could have picked that out without the hint..! LOL

Actually, I had that thought today while I was driving and entered that mindless zone where things pop in randomly...thank you for the confirmation on the psychic part of the reading.  ;)  8)

I've had bisexual pop into a reading once already...had Man + Rider + Woman when reading for a client wondering why her b/f broke up with her out of the blue. I felt he left her for another man and she said that a lot of things had made her wonder if he was bisexual. He was, but fighting it...or homosexual but fighting it with relationships with women (Whip kept appearing with it too). Just thought it was an interesting reading to note in relation to this discussion...we'll see what I pick up.  ;) :D
Blessed Be,
~Dru

ohjays

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 07:10:49 AM »
Well, I've been on the reverse of that here at this forum, and read (not a GT) for a woman whose love interest was revealed as female after I'd read about her man. :)

When I get forum readings from people who don't know me, they tend to assume that I follow the norm. It's understandable, and I have done the same.

In my opinion it's better to share that in advance rather than "test the psychic."  I do agree it would have been interesting to see what you picked up. Myself, I like to know the players in advance, and then see which cards fit them if it's not the "standards."

Fun story, Druidess!

Druidess

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 08:34:25 AM »
Well, I've been on the reverse of that here at this forum, and read (not a GT) for a woman whose love interest was revealed as female after I'd read about her man. :)

When I get forum readings from people who don't know me, they tend to assume that I follow the norm. It's understandable, and I have done the same.

In my opinion it's better to share that in advance rather than "test the psychic."  I do agree it would have been interesting to see what you picked up. Myself, I like to know the players in advance, and then see which cards fit them if it's not the "standards."

Fun story, Druidess!

Totally agree with you about that because the clearer our understanding of what's going on, the clearer our interpretation of the reading can be too. A lot is already known of my relationship, I've shared a lot on here. That background knowledge should be helpful. When one isn't sure of anything about the person (including gender, though I think once before I saw you confirm you're a man...screen names can be confusing), it makes it difficult to read clearly since the cards can have various meanings. Your story here is a prime example!
Blessed Be,
~Dru

ohjays

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 10:40:49 AM »

Totally agree with you about that because the clearer our understanding of what's going on, the clearer our interpretation of the reading can be too. A lot is already known of my relationship, I've shared a lot on here. That background knowledge should be helpful. When one isn't sure of anything about the person (including gender, though I think once before I saw you confirm you're a man...screen names can be confusing), it makes it difficult to read clearly since the cards can have various meanings. Your story here is a prime example!

I don't visit here regularly, so I don't know anything about your relationship other than you mentioning being married above. I'll be reading blind!

And I assume you are a woman married to a man, unless you choose to indicate otherwise. <imagine a rolling, laughing smiley here>  ;D

I look forward to our exchange.

Druidess

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2014, 07:04:18 PM »

I don't visit here regularly, so I don't know anything about your relationship other than you mentioning being married above. I'll be reading blind!

And I assume you are a woman married to a man, unless you choose to indicate otherwise. <imagine a rolling, laughing smiley here>  ;D

I look forward to our exchange.

I do too. And yes, you're correct.  OK, cool...will be interesting to see what you pick up then.  ;D
Blessed Be,
~Dru

ohjays

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 09:19:30 AM »
Hi Druidess,

Well, I'm home from work today due to a cold, so it seemed like a good time to do your reading.

I don't have a photobucket account, so I attached a picture of your reading to this message. (It's lower quality to follow image size restrictions.) The cards in a 9x4 GT are:

04 20 13 02 31 23 22 14 35
32 29 07 26 12 34 33 09 10
08 36 17 06 11 18 27 30 03
21 28 16 24 25 05 01 15 19

These cards seem to have a lot of situational information to me -- that is, I see things happening which may be more than the basic partner descriptions we are supposed to provide. Since you mentioned sharing previous readings on your relationship, I assume what I am posting will be okay.

The Man is in the house of the Lady. The first things I noticed were the Cross over his head and the Mountain next to him. It looks like you are in control of him at this time -- perhaps not intentionally, but in a way that he is reacting to you or following your lead. The Cross symbolizes his anguish at this time, and is between you, so I believe you are going through a rough patch in your relationship.

The Man is distant (Mountain) and likely looking for a fresh start (Stars) in love (Heart). Physically I would say he is tall or long-limbed (Stork) and tends to be either ill, or very negative (Coffin).

He mirrors Park and Bear, so I'd say he is concerned with public appearance to others and likes to be seen as in charge, or having the upper hand.

The Heart and Ring are next to each other, which means love and marriage in this case are both affected as a unit. I am sorry to say that the Clouds and Whip above these suggest uncertainty and lots of heavy talks. I would say you've been married for a while (Ring - Tree).

I could add a couple more details, but (a) I'd rather confirm the cards are on target so far, and (b) I'm always careful of what gets posted to public forums.

I'm sorry that I am not seeing much positive right now. We all go through tough times in relationships, and while it sucks in the short term, those are the things that help us -- and hopefully our relationships -- to grow. :)

Thank you for letting me read for you.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 09:21:20 AM by ohjays »

Druidess

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2014, 12:57:23 PM »
Oh, I love images, they help a lot! Yours was fine. Sorry to hear that you have a cold, I hope you feel better soon.

OK, one thing I see immediately is that in our past we see the end we both had of dreams of a stable family life, but in particular him having waited a long time before ending his previous marriage (Coffin-Mountain...he remained in an unhappy marriage for a very long time for the sake of his sons). Our marriage was definitely fated (Cross) and is Karmic (Tree). He definitely has a tendency to let me be the one in charge, but that's okay for him, that stress is more mine.

The top line shows our small business that we run from our home, a holistic health center, whose luck remains small and we are always worried and stressed about the choices we've made about my being self-employed full time.

The second line shows my dreams of being a mystic/psychic on the phone lines being uncertain financially right now, but seems to show a good "harvest" coming. The Coffin + Cross + Stork + Clouds + Whip + Dog could be all of the conversations/debates we have about moving to NH to be near my family, in which case I think this line shows that eventually we'll make that move (Lily + Ship) it's coastal and out of state).

On his line he's a stocky, muscular man (used to play football) who studies esoteric things like mediumship and Kundalini, and again that Karmic love that will last is shown, as is him being athletic but needing to watch his diet. He's also the more nurturing/maternal one of us (Bear is mother for me...but he's kind of bear-like in build too).

Interesting that above us is the Garden. We spent our first few date weekends walking on wooded trails in local parks and got married barefoot in a stream in the park just down the hill from our current house.

Is there a lot of debate in our relationship? Yes, we are constantly talking about how we should do things and what we should change. We do also definitely argue and butt heads a bit.  (We're both Leos, bound to be some fire! ;D) We are always in a state of uncertainty, relying a lot on luck, fate and faith. And most of the control is mine because I'm the more dominant and he prefers to relinquish the reins (and responsibilities)...and we tried, we can't do it together. He stresses too much whereas I can juggle things with less worry, knowing all will be well.

I am wondering if the last couple of rows, which I see foretelling our move, show that news about the health of one of my parents is going to make us stop talking and do it. Do you read the Bear as a father or mother? Since it's your spread, it doesn't matter how I see it, rather how you do.

I plan to do your reading on Saturday when I can take the time to sit with it.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 02:27:22 PM by Druidess »
Blessed Be,
~Dru

Mr. Lenormand

• Administrator
    • Learn Lenormand
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2014, 02:58:58 PM »
Food for thought for Ohjay:

The Man is distant (Mountain) and likely looking for a fresh start (Stars) in love (Heart). Physically I would say he is tall or long-limbed (Stork) and tends to be either ill, or very negative (Coffin).

How does the mountain apply here seeing as it is in his past? Why would you say he is distant? Could this be more about his past (or where he's from) rather than his personality?

The Cross symbolizes his anguish at this time, and is between you, so I believe you are going through a rough patch in your relationship.

Interestingly, the Cross is in the house of the Garden. Cross + Garden is a public wedding? Or a wedding? Do you feel that this detail adds to the negative side of the Cross, or more of a positive one?

Cheers to you both, and keep on the good work! :)
Regards,
Mr. Lenormand -- Learn Lenormand

ohjays

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2014, 03:28:27 PM »
Hi guys,

Thanks for both the quick feedback and the food for thought.

I originally learned to read via Treppner's course, and despite a detour of my methods, that is what I returned to. So both my meanings and techniques may differ from what seems common here.

Bear: in Treppner it's a generic older person, and more often an authority figure. Bear - Tower is actually a standard combo for a court case or legal hearings, so I would be looking along those lines.

Any surrounding cards all touch on the central card without past or future in Treppner's method, so I would not pick up on the past in this case. The whole tableau is meant to orient on present or future, as I learned it. I don't use distance methods either. :)

I try to be judicious with houses unless that is the main technique I am using, so I tend not to look at every house. I do like knighting, but I felt it reinforced some negative messages this morning, so I left that out.

Garden - Cross as a wedding would certainly be positive, although I don't generally see Cross as a favorable card and the religious meanings don't come to mind as I don't usually need them in readings -- people are always suffering. :)

Basically I could make a strong case -- just from the cards related to Man and Woman -- that these cards show a problematic relationship. That apparently is not the case, which is good to hear (and I'm sure, Druidess, that you are pleased  :D); so either my cards weren't focused enough, or else they needed your clarification to get the correct interpretations. I will say that I felt them to be self-consistent so I prefer to think that I wandered off target. :)

Thanks again for the comments from you both. Druidess, that is fine, there's no rush. I look forward to your reading for me.

I'm going to go back to my tea now. I'm tired of my cold!

Druidess

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2014, 08:14:23 AM »
Interestingly, the Cross is in the house of the Garden. Cross + Garden is a public wedding? Or a wedding? Do you feel that this detail adds to the negative side of the Cross, or more of a positive one?

Interesting, I forgot to look at houses as Ohjays wasn't using that method, and it reinforces our outdoor wedding in the park.

Btw, I forgot to mention that it wasn't a surprise to see the Snake next to me as it fits me in two ways: a dark-haired woman (at least in my younger days, now rather salt 'n' pepper, but still with enough pepper to qualify  ;)) who wears glasses and a mystic/psychic and it's often my significator card. Stars fits my husband well as a descriptor now with the things he's studying and experiencing...and that his studies are online, and it falls in the House of Lily, which is often my significator card for him as a Shaman...and again fits his areas of study.

Hi guys,

Thanks for both the quick feedback and the food for thought.

I originally learned to read via Treppner's course, and despite a detour of my methods, that is what I returned to. So both my meanings and techniques may differ from what seems common here.

Bear: in Treppner it's a generic older person, and more often an authority figure. Bear - Tower is actually a standard combo for a court case or legal hearings, so I would be looking along those lines.

Any surrounding cards all touch on the central card without past or future in Treppner's method, so I would not pick up on the past in this case. The whole tableau is meant to orient on present or future, as I learned it. I don't use distance methods either. :)

I try to be judicious with houses unless that is the main technique I am using, so I tend not to look at every house. I do like knighting, but I felt it reinforced some negative messages this morning, so I left that out.

Garden - Cross as a wedding would certainly be positive, although I don't generally see Cross as a favorable card and the religious meanings don't come to mind as I don't usually need them in readings -- people are always suffering. :)

Basically I could make a strong case -- just from the cards related to Man and Woman -- that these cards show a problematic relationship. That apparently is not the case, which is good to hear (and I'm sure, Druidess, that you are pleased  :D); so either my cards weren't focused enough, or else they needed your clarification to get the correct interpretations. I will say that I felt them to be self-consistent so I prefer to think that I wandered off target. :)

Thanks again for the comments from you both. Druidess, that is fine, there's no rush. I look forward to your reading for me.

I'm going to go back to my tea now. I'm tired of my cold!

Yes, I'm very pleased that he and I don't have a problematic relationship. I've had enough of those for one lifetime!

Yes, Treppner's method uses proximity more than past/present/future doesn't it? I will say that with the method I use to read a GT, this was a perfect spread, but I see why you saw the trouble you did in it. I would say the Mountain is more of a physical descriptor for him...however, there's a bit of a distance between us right now as I often work nights (Moon + Woman + Snake in the House of Birds...I read Lenormand on psychic phone lines) and weekends so we don't get the time together that we wish we did, and he's doing his studies separately from what I'm doing...Mountain in House of Man, Man in House of Woman.

Interestingly, if I keep looking at houses, I see that Stork is in the House of Mountain, showing delays in moving, and Clouds are in the House of Crossroads, showing confusion regarding decisions about it, definitely showing clearly what's happening with our situation. Sorry...I haven't done many GTs, so I'm enjoying discovering the layers that adding Houses in adds to this spread. Also, if you look you see that Heart is in the House of Sun and Ring is in the House of Moon, both positive for our relationship (we may have difficulties at times, but we are "over the moon" with each other still after almost four years together...and it was a fast relationship, we got married on the 2-month anniversary of our first date).

So in your method, Bear could be either of my parents if I still read it that way. Being that Bear is in the House of Anchor, it definitely shows me heading home...Tower could be one year for timing, in the House of Cross showing it as because of a burden with them. Many of my readings I've felt showed 2015 as the year we would make that move if we choose to do so, and my parents are 75 and 80...a big part of why we're thinking of going up there. And I wouldn't say that your reading took a wrong turn necessarily, just that it's not quite as heavy as you saw it. (Though I'm in the House of Whip over Cross and Man...wow, maybe I need to take a look at that.) Often the Cross is heavy burdens for me as well, but sometimes I look at what's going on around it and see fate or religious meanings...it depends on the surrounding cards.

Can Woman in the House of Whip over Cross in the House of Garden be something I've been through, a descriptor of something that had a lot to do with shaping me? It affects our relationship in some ways, for it still affects me energetically and emotionally.

Oh, btw, he's not the long-legged one, his are average for his height, but mine are very long for my height. The Stork is in proximity to us both.

I hope you feel better soon, Ohjays! It sucks being sick.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 03:16:08 PM by Druidess »
Blessed Be,
~Dru

Druidess

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2014, 03:19:50 PM »
OK, got it...Cross in House of Garden joining the Woman and Man, a couple joined by destiny/fate to do public works (and our wedding was outside, barefoot in the stream that runs through the park nearby). Considering the business we run and all else in our lives, this is very accurate.

Woman in House of Whip...my friend and psychic mentor says often that when it's my turn for him to read me in class my energy turns "confrontational"...my defense mechanism is to dare people to read me. I don't do it consciously and apparently I don't seem to be able to soften it no matter how hard I try...it's who I am because of all I've been through. Warrior energy.

Thank you for the insights Mr. L.  8)

Blessed Be,
~Dru

Druidess

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2014, 05:30:51 PM »
OK, Ohjays, I did your reading using the 8x4+4 format and used the alternate Man card instead of the Woman, and charged the one in purple to be your partner, the underlined one (the first to appear in the reading going left to right). I like having the Rider signify other things in a spread, so I like using those when I know the situation calls for it. And yes, though it doesn't appear so at times in the reading, this is a well-shuffled deck since I don't re-order between readings (never did with Tarot either). I honestly didn't realize how many numbers were running consecutively until I laid it out in the numerical format.  :o

3   +  1  + 36 + 35 + 34 +  9  + 23 + 27
20 + 15 + 25 + 10 + 32 +  6  + 21 + 14
13 + 11 + 28 + 18 + 17 +  2  + 30 + 19
24 +  4  +  8  + 22 + 31 + 26 +  5  + 28
                33 + 16 + 12  + 7

A couple of things jumped out at me right away. First, I see arguments in the relationship in the past, possibly about family or friends (Whip in House of Dog). I feel your partner is a tall man or an executive (or both) since he appears in House of Tower (with Whip beside this, a lawyer perhaps...family law?) who likes to hang out with friends a lot (Dog in House of Garden), and also that right now there's illness but that the choices being made will have a positive outcome...however, this has unknown effects on your own health. I take it you are feeling some isolation in the relationship right now as you appear under Tower in House of Heart. You're a charming and emotional man since you are in House of Moon...Tree in House of Sun shows me that your emotions run deep, but are usually positive.

Attempting the Loop method, the relationship appears to be a long-established relationship, but there are things that may be eating away at it (Lily in House of Mice). That appears to be told again below with Birds in House of Anchor and Snake in House of Cross...there are burdens and stress/anxiety here, but they are being discussed and dealt with together. These are the most important points I saw.

OK...feedback. This is my first attempt at really reading one aspect in detail in a GT.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 05:36:56 PM by Druidess »
Blessed Be,
~Dru